Sunday, August 9, 2009

I found the light in the tunnel at the end

I haven't posted in a long time. I got accused of being too self absorbed by having created this blog and it threw me for a while, but I'm back and I think it's important for me to write about my life out here.

I landed my first real movie job out here today. I had an audition last week for a film called "Locked Up." No it's not a spin off of "Knocked Up." It's actually a serious film about 5 women in prison and what they deal with on a daily basis. It has the potential to be incredibly raw and gritty with a message in there somewhere...

I'll get paid SAG wages and recieve SAG credit (whatever that means) even though I'm not SAG.

Besides going on about 1-3 auditions a week and having not landed any of them until now (yet, only recieving positive feedback) I've been doing background work. I never gave an update on what shows I've worked on so here it is:

Maybe someone will see me someday!

Movie: Mrs. Washington Goes to Smith
TV: True Blood
Movie: Operating Instructions
Movie: Warrior
TV: CSI Las Vegas
Movie: Family Wedding
Movie: The Roommate
Movie: Get Him To The Greek
Print: University of Pheonix
TV: Greek
TV: Criminal Minds
Internet: Hammertime Dance

Life is great out here. The weather is always nice, the people are nice, I've met some truly incredible friends whom I love dearly and Ben and Pumpkin don't think it's half shabby either.

=)

Much love,
Sara

3 comments:

  1. Hey Girl!
    I think this is awesome and you should totally keep it up cause I want to hear all about LA! So what does SAG stand for? And which episode of True Blood are you in? I am just getting into that show and have only watched 4 episodes so far but I like it!
    Take care and I hope to hear more from you soon!!

    Love and Hugs,
    Asha / Laurra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your posts!!! Yes, blogging is a little self-absorbed, but it's documentation of your life. It's a journal the whole world can see. No one is REQUIRED to read it!!! You'll want to remember the details later on. Don't let anyone bring you down, and if they do, let me at 'em! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tena! That makes me feel so much better! Your blog is one of the reasons why I'm getting back into blogging. It's so fun to read!

    ReplyDelete