Monday, August 17, 2009

Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world

I just thought of another great use for my blog!

I will use it every time I want to call my mom and be negative about something in Los Angeles. Then you all can hear about it and she can go about her day unaware that I am angered!

Although, she may read this....

Anyway having said that, today's topic is: TAPE

At the post offices in Los Angeles, YOU have to pay for the tape THEY use in order to make sure the package you are sending is securely shut.

Next topic: THE BANK

At the Bank of America in Los Angeles, they cannot give you money in exchange for your loose change. Instead you must take it to a coinstar machine halfway across your area code which then proceeds to keep 9 cents for every dollar you have inserted in the machine.

Not to mention the ridiculously high over draft fee of $35.00 which seems to be taken out of your bank account (sometimes twice in one day) at complete random, even when there is money in the account...

Moral of today's story. I miss Iowa State Bank and The Fairfield Post Office. No one will ever understand my needs quite like you do.

2 comments:

  1. I truly hate Bank of America. I haven't been with them for years, but they were my first bank when I moved here and I can't believe how much money they stole from me with all those damn fees.

    Beautiful pictures, by the way. I think you'll do well here. That is, unless you need tape at the post office. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREED. Bank of America is evil.
    They overdrafted me for making debits when my account balance was stated at $354. When I called them they said, "Well, that was your *pending* balance." Well, why did it show up as my *actual* balance then? "Ma'am, we're not responsible for your debits." Rawr.

    On the brighter side, asking to speak with a superior garners results!

    And blogs are AWESOME for venting...or for mentioning how you accepted some gift from someone out of social pressure/guilt and then were ecstatic when the person moved b/c you could FINALLY sell the gift at a yard sale!

    Keep writing, Sarah! And wishing you so much success--looks like you are starting to have it already! :-D

    ReplyDelete